- Read the Chrysalis By-laws, our living ethos and manifesto.
If there are things in this document you don't jive with, then Chrysalis is likely not for you.
- Due to conditions of our city grant funds Chrysalis can NOT accept MOST students. Students can apply, but the City of Boulder requires that they are over 24 years of age OR work more than 30 hours a week OR have dependents.
- The City of Boulder now requires an asset certification. Resident's assets can not exceed $55,000 (examples of assets are: money in bank accounts, property, retirement accounts, they are NOT: cars, bikes, computers, etc).
- The City of Boulder requires that Chrysalis residents make no more than $41,280/year per low income housing guidelines.
Applicants should know:
- We make decisions by consensus
- Housemates must sign a lease to stay a minimum of 1 year;
- Each room in the House is a different size, but the average rent is ~$600 per month;
- Each member contributes 10 hours a week to the House: 2 hour weekly meeting, cooking shifts, cleaning, stewardships, etc. Please do not apply if you can't make this time commitment!
- We get way more applications than we can interview for! Make yours stand out*
*come get to know us! (we like to have dinner and stuff)
This information will be used to determine your qualification for tenancy in Chrysalis Community Housing. This information is CONFIDENTAL and will not be disclosed
to anyone except the members of Chrysalis Co-op, Boulder Housing Coalition staff, and the city of Boulder/HUD (for the purpose of verification of income and general
affordable housing data only). You are not required to provide this information, but without it, your tenancy application may be delayed or rejected. Any
false statements given on this Rental Application are grounds for the rejection of your tenancy application.|
Fair Housing Statement:
The Boulder Housing Coalition and Chrysalis Community Housing are equal opportunity housing providers. The BHC and Chrysalis abide by the City of Boulder Prohibition
of Discrimination in Housing Statement, as presented in ordinance #4571. The BHC and Chrysalis will not deny housing to any individual because of race, creed, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender variance, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, parenthood, custody of a minor child, or mental or physical
disability of that individual, or such individual's friends or associates.
the plates are empty, the hearts are full
|When are you wanting to move in?
|Where do you live currently? |
|Are you a college student? |
|What gender pronouns do you prefer? |
i.e. they, them, theirs; she, her, hers; he, him, his, etc
|When is your birthday? ||
|Do you have children? If so how many?|
(We like kids! But we have occupancy caps and kids count.)
|If we have more applications than available space,|
would you like to be added to the waiting list?
It's key that we get to know you, so please elaborate
and be as informative (and creative!) as possible...
How did you find out about Chrysalis? i.e. Google, a flyer, a friend, etc
The longer housemates stay, the stronger Chrysalis becomes! How long would you like to live in Boulder? What is your 5-year plan?
What is it about cooperative living that interests you? Have previous experience?
We have limited parking at Chrysalis and all housemates receive a bus pass! Do you own a car? Are you willing to part with it? Explain.
What skills, abilities, and interests do you have that would contribute to our community?
Sustainability is an important part of Chrysalis. What role does sustainability play in your life?
What is your current occupation and how many hours per week do you work? What is your average annual income?
Please list the name, phone number, and email of 1 past rental reference and 2 personal references.
OPEN-ENDED: What thoughts, ideas, epiphanies, or questions do you have for us?
(Verification you're human): Which of the 50 states does Chrysalis reside in?